Central European University is committed to the preservation and wide circulation of the scientific material produced by its members. To achieve this goal, starting from the Academic Year 2006/2007, CEU requires all candidates for a CEU Academic degree to deposit the electronic version of their submitted thesis into the CEU Electronic Theses and Dissertations Collection.
During the submission process please follow the following easy steps closely. This way you can shorten the duration of the process, and can avoid extra work, both for you and for those who will handle your work.
- To use this site you must be in Enrolled, or Absolutorium or Candidate for Graduation student status (managed by Student Records Office) and need to have an active student email address (managed by the IT Department).
- Prepare your thesis following all rules set forth by your department (both for format and for content).
- Convert the prepared document into a bookmarked PDF format. You can find here a detailed instruction how to do it.
- Check the result of the conversion. If you encounter problems (e.g. certain characters are missing, or tables, figures are set wrongly, etc.), please look for assistance either from the IT HELPDESK or the Library's Thesis Submission Support staff.
- Submit the PDF version you just created using this page. Please note that a small "CEU eTD Collection" watermark will appear on each page of your submitted paper.
- Check again the submitted version. If you want to want to upload a corrected document, make the changes in the original version, repeat the conversion, and then the uploading.
- Print out the submitted document; this will be the hard copy which you will submit. The copy for the Library should always be the latest version, including any approved post-defense corrections. Please make sure that the electronic and the printed versions are identical.